Global Tech Solutions Blog
Nowadays, there seems to be risks at every turn that can negatively impact your business. Obviously, some are more concerning than others, but ultimately you need to find solutions to every problem you have to ensure that it can run routinely, let alone efficiently. Let’s take a look at some of the risks the average small business faces and what technology can do to help you circumvent these particular issues.
One of the biggest problems that businesses face is the prospect of having their network breached by cybercriminals. The concern is that because there are so many people looking to steal data or illegally access your network to siphon money, data, and leave your business holding the bag, that you need a comprehensive plan to keep your network secure.
These days, IT threats come in all sizes. There are marginal threats that can slow down your business’ growth to ransomware that could have a marked effect on your ability to operate. That’s why it is crucial to ensure that you are doing everything you can to protect your business from cyberthreats. Three of the most important are:
- Employee training - Most threats that negatively affect a business hit your employees in some way first. Making sure that they know how to spot a potential phishing attack; how to make, and when to update, a secure password; and how to securely handle data is critical.
- Security software - The deployment of security software is more in-depth for businesses than it is for individuals, but it’s the same concept. Deploying antivirus and anti-malware tools can help eliminate threats; spam protection can cut down on the amount of time-wasting and potentially dangerous messages your staff is exposed to; firewalls can help eliminate threats entering your network; and content filtering can keep staff off of potentially dangerous websites.
- Data backup - One of the best ways to ensure that no threats have longer lasting effects on your business is by ensuring that important data and applications are backed up locally and in the cloud.
More people are working remotely, sure, but many businesses are trying to maintain a company culture with employees working from an office or other location. With crime on the rise, it’s important that every business has the security tools in place to ward against theft and other physical security problems. You may be surprised to know that a lot of data breaches start because of a physical security breach.
There are several strategies and tools that Global Tech Solutions can help with to maximize your business’ physical security. They include:
- Digital cameras - One of the best deterrents to those interested in breaching the security of your business are cameras. Security systems can go a long way toward protecting all of your investments.
- Access control systems - Not every employee needs access to every part of your business. Putting in advanced access control systems can help keep unauthorized people out of certain areas and can produce sophisticated logs that can help you ascertain when problems happen if one does pop up.
- Digital signage - Sometimes not having clear signage can inadvertently cause security problems. Digital signage is continuously customizable and more affordable now than at any time in the past.
Keep Your Business Secure
At Global Tech Solutions, we can help your business be as secure as possible from a litany of threats. If you would like to talk to one of our knowledgeable consultants about how we can help you get your security where you need it to be, give us a call today at (800) 484-0195.
About the author
Global Tech Solutions has been in operation since 2007, providing IT Support such as technical helpdesk support, computer support and consulting.